Who Censored Roger Rabbit by Gary K. Wolf

Review by Elleanore Vance 

Welcome back, my Lovely Readers! I grew up watching Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I aspired to be Jessica one day, and to have a love like Roger and Jessica. It took me until I was an adult before I got around to reading the source material. In the aftermath of Beauty School, I sat and stared at the walls a lot. I had no direction anymore. My brilliant hubby handed me a paperback copy of Who Censored Roger Rabbit one day on his way out the door, telling me to read. Like a raft in the sea, this book helped me transition from one routine to another.

Who Censored Roger Rabbit is a noir crime novel set in a version of old time Hollywood with living cartoons. That is about all that the movie kept. I honestly suggest reading the novel for its differences. Jessica is a victim of date *ape and that is sad. Our Toon characters speak with speech ballons, and there's just enough unexplainable magic to make old Walt Disney a happy man

It's a great example of noir fiction in the vein of the Maltese Falcon, and i loved it. I gushed to Author Gary K. Wolf on Messenger soon after reading it and he was kind enough to sign my beat up old second hand paperback, and Roger signed it, too. This is one of my most prized possessions.  

I feel like Im really not doing this inventive mystery justice. If you're a noir fan you really have to give it a go

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐5/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slleping Lady by Robert Graysmith

Darkness Take my Hand by Dennis LeHane

Winter Tide by Ruthanna Emrys